Today’s Top 10
Think of just how powerful we could be if we supported each other even 1/8th as much as we thought we were in the lead. If professionalism were the race, art were goal, and ego wasn’t allowed to compete, what would we do with all those extra blue ribbons?
- I want to walk slower and mean it. I’ve been practicing over the last few days. It’s difficult.
- I recently reprimanded what I believe was a 9 year old, who I overheard saying “Shawty got booty” in reference, I believe, to his substitute teacher. I am a firm believer that his mother is probably 13 years older than him and has, subsequently, taught him no better.
- It bothers me that we are discussing the box office numbers of “The Best Man Holiday” and the film’s apparent race issues instead of furthering the discussion on “12 Years A Slave”, which has left me far more effected than anything Morris Chestnut has ever provided.
- I had “Free-Sample” lunch while passing through the mall yesterday.
- Also, I stood in line the other night with approximately 12 homeless people on the corner of 38th and Broadway waiting for free pizza from a shop that was closing at 11PM. I had two free slices. And I’m not mad.
- A clean desk is a dirty mind, which is a terrible thing to waste, like spilled milk, unless you’re crying.
- Last month, I worked for free (and on my birthday). This month, I tried to work with some people I thought were a few things; friends, professional, advanced-in-their-careers, not coke heads who used to beat their lovers. I wonder what next month will bring. Ooh, Christmas.
- Recently, a performer/previous guest/surface-friend let me know two things about herself; 1.) She hides under her bed when her landlord comes looking for the rent. And 2.) That she’d have to work tonight.
- I’m not big on fishing, but if I were to catch a Thursday, I wouldn’t throw it back.
- Does it bother anyone else that the West Side Highway has traffic lights and FDR Drive is more of a highway?
- Does anyone know how to remove people who have no business following anything you do from the subscriptions section just to the right of this blog? I seem to have a hard time finding Google’s “Block This Person For Being Insignificant” button. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Every time I go crazy, spinning off into a sea of mental anguish and self-loathing, which I’ve learned to swim in during every past attempt at getting to know someone, he does something very simple that seems to calm my self-generated stormy sea. He knows how important music is to me. Makes me want to sing just as much as he makes me smile.
As a BONUS STATEMENT...
I need more than the measly 30 days the month of November has given me to be Thankful for things. Luckily, I am more thankful in this life than I am pissed at the stupidity of these ridiculous Facebook statuses. I'm not taking 1/12 of 365 days just to tell you what I'm thankful for. It seems like it would be cooler to say thank you every day. So, that's what I'm doing...and not on facebook, and sometimes not even typewritten. I'm saying things out loud. I want you to see it in my face. This morning, I've got two. I'm thankful for breakfast. And for you.