Monday, October 21, 2013

Today's Top 10



  1. Does anyone have one of those new colored iPhones?  I’m sorry.  iPhones-of-color?

  1. On the way to our first date, walking from the Path train, along that dark end of Christopher Street, I befriended a drag-ish queen named Beyondre.  Can someone please remind me of that years from now?

  1. I hate the word “Beast”.  It is not a compliment on someone’s vocal prowess or talent or acting ability or dancing.  It really isn’t.  It is an insult. 

    1. But I guess if you don’t know any better...  Like speaks to dumb.

  1. Creativity doesn’t know if the lights are on or off.  We can still get creative in the light sometimes too.  Now, I know the original torch song was written from burning some old lover’s shit*, but there’s a whole ‘nother kind of art that comes outta pointing yourself toward happy every now and again.
 *
    1. This is not happy…But the art created out of it, has made me very...
    2. ….it IS trash.

  1. Starting a clothing line has always been a dream of mine.  Secret – there is a sewing machine in my childhood room, on which I learned to sew at probably the age of 12.  My first creation was a pattern I purchased with my allowance money.  I believe it was a Butterick pattern.  I wonder where those MC Hammer pants I made ever got to.  They were the most amazing shade of green.

  1. I spent much of yesterday (and will spend most of today) recording backup vocals…for myself.  Sing with yourself.  It’s fun. 

  1. I am presently re-reading Gloria Naylor’s “Mama Day” (She wrote “Linden Hills”, for you intellectuals who like the similarities to Milton’s “Paradise Lost”.  She also wrote “The Women of Brewster Place”, for those of you who like Jackee).  There are several spells and voodoo concoctions mentioned throughout the story.  I’m practicing for Halloween.  

  1. Listening to new music.  Listening to a new friend.  Listening to the sound of a midmorning nap.  Listening to laughter.  The anticipation of getting to listen.  Of getting to share all of these things all over again each time I see you.  Running through my mind the last month or so.

  1. My therapist is on vacation until mid-November.  In Italy.  Please leave your phones on.

  1. My neighbor, who puts out, and her boyfriend, who puts it in, just bought a dog.  




Y'all...these notes I'm taking are just for me.  I get tickled if you actually read them, but I've gotta keep notes of all the voices in my head (as per the request of my attorney), so don't mind me.  Los Angeles and a lot of recent events have put some new things on the table that I can't wait to share with y'all.  If you are around next month, you should come celebrate with me at the party I'm throwing.... Here's some light info about it.  I'll talk to y'all later.  I'm gonna get back to this discussion we're having over here entitled "Cat Fur".

  

No comments: