Monday, September 2, 2013

Today's Top 10




  1. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich instantly makes me feel like I’m in kindergarten again.  I still love that feeling.

  1. Recently, I purchased the perfect shirt for a first date.  (Don’t worry, I’ve kept the receipt)

  1. I’ve added “Listening” to the special skills section of my resume.  People should know.

  1. “Until the lion has his own historian, the hunter will always be the hero.”

  1. I want to build a recording studio in my own house. And no, you can’t use it.

  1. Everyone should shave their head at least once in their lives.  It is the most liberating feeling.

  1. In my world, bacon should never be on a burger.  For some reason, I do not enjoy when my edible animals touch.

  1. A lot of people over the age of 30 have been very concerned about a recent performance by something named “Miley”.

  1. There are more than 4 people I know very well who are admittedly in absolutely loveless marriages or relationships.

  1. In life, I have had multiple close-to-religious experiences listening to Aretha Franklin’s “Spirit In The Dark”.  If you don’t know it, listen.  It was often a duet with Ray Charles back in the day.  It is my church.
***
A special Holiday Bonus...

- I used to hold board meetings in my bedroom as a child with each of my stuffed animals lined up to discuss the day's events.  Miss Piggy was the secretary.  I recently dedicated a song to my old stuffed friends.


No comments: